Friday, July 24, 2009

A sigh of relief


I can't believe that my little boy is 9 months old! The 9 months of pregnancy go by so slowly. I remember feeling like he was never going to get here. Then suddenly there he was, filling my heart with so much joy, I blinked and now 9 months are gone. I look at him today, a crawling, babbling, precious little boy, and it's so hard to remember my smushy, snuggly baby. We've been through a lot, my little man and I. I recently read an article in Parent's magazine about having a baby just a little bit early. You would think that delivering a few weeks before your due date wouldn't be such a big deal. Your baby isn't considered premature and you are definitely ready for the pregnancy to end. But your baby needs as much time to "cook" as possible. The health issues caused by delivering just "a little bit" early are minor, not enough to keep the baby in the hospital, but to new parents trying to figure everything out and lacking sleep, minor health issues are scary and heartbreaking. But here we are, 9 months later, celebrating this happy, healthy, energetic, silly, sweet, loving and loved little boy! I think that he and I will celebrate by taking a swim this afternoon. The beautiful weather really fits my mood today. Well, the first nap of the day will be ending soon and I hear the laundry calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments!